The Field Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality of workmanship and site safety, supervising all field personnel, maintaining the job site office, and closing out projects. This position requires extensive travel (approximately 70%-90%) throughout the United States.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Assist Senior Project Manager in the supervision and responsibility of the total construction effort in accordance with design, budget, quality, and schedule.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Become familiar with Prime Contractors Subcontract document, and understand process for reporting Change Orders and progress delays.
- Prepare and/or review project Daily Reports to document weather and field conditions, manpower and equipment, progress and conditions impacting the project, as well as Accident Reports, Quality Reports, etc.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Assessment and procurement of materials and equipment.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans and specifications.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Coordinate site testing and other inspection services.
- Coordination of subcontractors as necessary.
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Conduct and/or supervise daily safety meetings and “Toolbox Talks” and ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office, and/or laydown yard.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products and Apple iPhone.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Leadership: Exhibit strong leadership qualities and delegates work appropriately.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed
- interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Authority: The Field Superintendent derives his or her authority, and performs all duties with guidance, from the Project Manager and Project Estimator. The Field Superintendent is responsible for supervising, managing and coordinating the efforts of the Foremen and Field Labor force on a day-to-day basis. Additional Responsibilities/Overall Employee Rating:
- Acquire a fluent understanding of Aptus’ products and services
- Maintain professionalism and accuracy in all corporate communications, both spoken and written
- Actively solicit assistance from staff as needed
- Handle customer and staff issues with tact and respect
- Be consistently reliable, dependable and on-time
- Maintain a Class A CDL, OSHA, and other Certification as determined by the Company
- Develop skilled labor and foreman under superintendent supervision
- Daily lifting of items over 50 lbs., with or without the use of mechanical aids
- Ability to spend all day outdoors exposed to weather and stand for long periods of time
- Full use of hands and fingers as there is use of precision or semi-precision tools
- Daily basic physical exertion, such as bending and twisting, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, or carrying
Equal Employment Opportunity: Aptus Group USA is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Aptus Group USA complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.